The Rules of the Road - Rental Policies
Cancelation Policy: Deposits are fully refundable within 30 days if pickup. If you book less than 30 days in advance, you have 24 hours to cancel for a full refund. 29-8 days before your rental we will reschedule or cancel your rental but there is no refund of your deposit. There is no refund once the balance of your rental is charged 7 days before pickup.
Insurance: You must have collision and liability insurance, either purchased through our partners at Wheelbase/Outdoorsy, or you must provide a certificate of insurance with Adventure Rig Rentals, LLC. named as additional insurance or loss payee. You must also have enough collision coverage to cover the full value of the vehicle you are renting. This coverage must span the entire rental period.
Damages: Regardless if at fault or not, renters are responsible for all interior, exterior, and equipment damages incurred during a rental period. We reserve the right to hold your security deposit for up to 7 days so we can have proper time to inspect the vehicles for damage post return. If damage is found, and assessing/fixing that damage takes longer than 7 days, we will increase that hold until we can present you with the costs of repairs/replacement.
Late Drop Off Policy: Renters must drop their unit off at the dedicated return time as set in the drop off hours. If you need to drop your rental off late, please contact us first to confirm its possible. If you return your rental late, you will be charged $25 per hour late fee unless agreed upon in advance.
Early Pick Up: If you would like to pick up your rental before the earliest pickup time, please contact us to make sure we can accommodate.
Your safety and experience with us is at the top of our priority list. With that, we’ve got some rules of the road every renter must follow to insure their own safety and prevent damage from themselves and the rental units.
- Renters are required to provide proof of insurance that covers the rental or purchase insurance that covers the rental in the event of an accident.
- All drivers must be at least 25 years old and be listed on the rental agreement.
- No use of drugs or alcohol is permitted while operating or towing a rental unit.
- No smoking or vaping of any kind in or around a rental unit. Any funky smoke smells will result in extra cleaning fees equal to what it costs to remove the smell plus 20% for lost rental time.
- All passengers must have a seatbelt fastened while vehicle is in motion.
- No walking on the roof rack aside from loading and unloading gear. The roof itself is not made to bear weight.
- No using beds while vehicle is in motion.
- No pets with destructive tendencies. We love pets, but insurance does not cover internal damages by your pets. You will be liable for all damages by your fur baby.
- No driving to Mexico. Sorry.
- No transporting dead animals in the vehicles. That includes humans. Just had to put that in there.
- We do not allow our rentals to go to Burning Man. Sorry, it’s very harsh on them. If you’d like to go to any other music festival, please notify us in advance.
- No off roading aside from groomed gravel roads. Campgrounds are fine. Most unmaintained forestry roads are not.
- If not returned with the same amount of fuel, we will hold your security deposit and charge you $3.50 per gallon to get it back to the same level.
- Rentals are limited to 30 days or less. If you’d like to rent for more than 30 days, please contact us.
- Rentals cannot be used as “for pay” transport (ie Uber, Lyft, etc)
- Renters are liable for any photo tickets or tolls that get sent to us. We will forward them on so you can take care of them.
- No bad vibes, juju, or not having a blast allowed.
You Have Questions? We Have Answers.
Yes. You will get 100 miles free per night with your rental. You will then pay $.25-35 per mile depending if you prepay the mileage or not.
So if you rent for 2 nights you get 200 miles free. If you drive 300 miles, there is an excess of 100 miles.
100 miles x $.35 = $35
Excess mileage fees are calculated and charged upon your return of the rental.
The rigs come in and out of our possession all the time. So if one is available to view, we’d be happy to show it off.
Yes. As of July 2020, we no longer allow renters to decline insurance without getting a certificate of insurance with Adventure Rig Rentals, LLC named as an additional insured 7 days prior to rental pickup. This is simply due to the high price and time expense of replacing and repairing a vehicle after an accident. Many insurance companies will cover vehicle rentals, but won’t actually cover camper vans for leisure uses. We are always working to reduce the cost of our insurance coverage and we make zero profit from the sale of insurance, but unfortunately it’s a necessary evil. But you will have comfort in knowing that you are covered for the full value of any of our rental units and all verified drivers (must be listed on rental) are covered when purchasing insurance from our partners at Outdoorsy/Wheelbase. The deductible on each package is the same, between $500-$1500. Trailers and smaller vans are $500 deductibles, while VanDOit vans are typically $1300-1500. In the event of an accident, you will be responsible for paying the deductible or repair cost, whichever is less.
We can deliver and pick up the rentals between normal pick up and drop off hours within 10 miles of Germantown, TN for only $30 each way.
We love accommodating our out of town renters, but please contact us way in advance if your plan is to fly into MEM to make sure we have a rep available. Airport pickup and drop off is $30 each way.
Negative. Our rentals are stationed at our private residences and our owner’s locations. If driving in from out of town, please contact us in advance. Some locations can allow 1 vehicle maximum. ARR takes no responsibility for your vehicle and private property during your rental.
The vans have optional portable toilets and bath tents to set up an outdoor bathroom. There is no interior bathroom in any of the rentals, but you can upgrade your toilet on some rentals to a dry flush toilet that can be used inside the van without stinking it up!