The Rules of the Road - Rental Policies
Cancelation Policy: Deposits are fully refundable within 30 days if pickup. If you book less than 30 days in advance, you have 24 hours to cancel for a full refund. 29-8 days before your rental we will reschedule or cancel your rental but there is no refund of your deposit. There is no refund once the balance of your rental is charged 7 days before pickup.
Insurance: You must have collision and liability insurance, either purchased through our partners at Wheelbase/Outdoorsy, or you must provide a certificate of insurance with Adventure Rig Rentals, LLC. named as “additional insured” and as a “loss payee.” You must also have enough collision coverage to cover the full value of the vehicle you are renting. This coverage must span the entire rental period. If you would like to use your own insurance, please see more info below.
Damages: Regardless if at fault or not, renters are responsible for all interior, exterior, and equipment damages incurred during a rental period. We reserve the right to hold your security deposit for up to 7 days so we can have proper time to inspect the vehicles for damage post return. If damage is found, and assessing/fixing that damage takes longer than 7 days, we will increase that hold until we can present you with the costs of repairs/replacement.
Late Drop Off Policy: Renters must drop their unit off at the dedicated return time as set in the drop off hours. If you need to drop your rental off late, please contact us first to confirm its possible. If you return your rental late, you will be charged $25 per hour late fee unless agreed upon in advance.
Early Pick Up: If you would like to pick up your rental before the earliest pickup time, please contact us to make sure we can accommodate.
Your safety and experience with us is at the top of our priority list. With that, we’ve got some rules of the road every renter must follow to insure their own safety and prevent damage from themselves and the rental units.
- Renters are required to provide proof of insurance that covers the rental or purchase insurance that covers the rental in the event of an accident.
- All drivers must be at least 25 years old and be listed on the rental agreement.
- No use of drugs or alcohol is permitted while operating or towing a rental unit.
- No smoking or vaping of any kind in or around a rental unit. Any funky smoke smells will result in extra cleaning fees equal to what it costs to remove the smell plus 20% for lost rental time.
- All passengers must have a seatbelt fastened while vehicle is in motion.
- No walking on the roof rack aside from loading and unloading gear. The roof itself is not made to bear weight.
- No using beds while vehicle is in motion.
- No pets with destructive tendencies. We love pets, but insurance does not cover internal damages by your pets. You will be liable for all damages by your fur baby.
- No driving to Mexico. Sorry.
- No transporting dead animals in the vehicles. That includes humans. Just had to put that in there.
- We do not allow our rentals to go to Burning Man. Sorry, it’s very harsh on them. If you’d like to go to any other music festival, please notify us in advance.
- No off roading aside from groomed gravel roads. Campgrounds are fine. Most unmaintained forestry roads are not.
- If not returned with the same amount of fuel, we will hold your security deposit and charge you $3.50 per gallon to get it back to the same level.
- Rentals are limited to 30 days or less. If you’d like to rent for more than 30 days, please contact us.
- Rentals cannot be used as “for pay” transport (ie Uber, Lyft, etc)
- Renters are liable for any photo tickets or tolls that get sent to us. We will forward them on so you can take care of them.
- No bad vibes, juju, or not having a blast allowed.
You Have Questions? We Have Answers.
The short answer is…it depends. If you have a full coverage auto policy with at least $500k liability, and $200k comprehensive and collision, call your auto insurance agent and find out if you can add our vehicle into your policy. This is sometimes called an “Insurance Binder” or “Insurance Certificate”. Adventure Rig Rentals, LLC. will need to be added to your insurance policy as a “Loss Payee” and “Additional Insured”. Upon request, we can email you a form to send to your agent. We can always add or remove insurance up to the day of the rental, but if you are declining insurance we need this documentation no less than 7 days prior to your rental or we will be forced to add insurance to the booking.
Auto Insurance Companies Offering Free RV Rental Binders:
- State Farm
- 21st Century
Auto Insurance Companies NOT Offering RV Rental Binders:
- Liberty Mutual
- Most “off brand” policies (e-surance, Freeway, Fred Loya, etc..)
Trust us, we are not fans of insurance either. We make zero profit from the sale of insurance, but unfortunately it’s a necessary evil. But you will have comfort in knowing that you are covered for the full value of any of our rental units and all verified drivers (must be listed on rental) are covered when purchasing insurance from our partners at Outdoorsy/Wheelbase. The deductible on each package is the same, between $500-$1500. Trailers and smaller vans are $500 deductibles, while VanDOit vans are typically $1300-1500. In the event of an accident, you will be responsible for paying the deductible or repair cost, whichever is less.
Yes. You will estimate your mileage up front by entering your destination and pay an “excess mileage deposit” of $.35 per mile, minus any free mileage per night rented. Upon return, if you use fewer miles than you estimated, you’ll be refunded the remainder, if you go over, you’ll be charged the excess at the same rate. If you neglect to pay an estimated amount, you will just owe any excess mileage upon return.
The rigs come in and out of our possession all the time. So if one is available to view, we’d be happy to show it off. Please contact us and we’ll do our best to find a time.
We can deliver and pick up the rentals between normal pick up and drop off hours within 10 miles of Germantown, TN for only $40 each way.
We love accommodating our out of town renters, but please contact us way in advance if your plan is to fly into MEM to make sure we have a rep available. Airport pickup and drop off is $40 each way.
Negative. Our rentals are stationed at our private residences and our owner’s locations. If driving in from out of town, please contact us in advance. Some locations can allow 1 vehicle maximum. ARR takes no responsibility for your vehicle and private property during your rental.
The vans have optional portable toilets and bath tents to set up an outdoor bathroom. There is no interior bathroom in any of the rentals, but you can upgrade your toilet on some rentals to a dry flush toilet that can be used inside the van without stinking it up!